Tuesday, August 27, 2013

1 month

this has been the fastest month of my life! I thought time was moving fast before, I had no idea! We are still home on maternity leave and I am enjoying every minute of it! Some days we have a pretty good routine and others not so much!  Berkley is a great sleeper, most nights, which makes it so nice for me because I have energy in the day to do things! Those first 2 weeks were a little rough. Trying to adjust, take care of Berkley, and heal from my surgery. There was 1 night where Berkley would not stop crying! I started crying with her and couldn't stop! Chris got home and after a couple hours of both of us crying non stop, he finally told me to go to bed and he would take care of Berkley. Thank goodness for a good daddy/husband. I wasn't sure what to do. He ended up staying up with her till about 3 in the morning! I was so thankful and happy to be able to sleep so I could function the next day.
We are now 6 weeks into this whole parent thing and I think we are getting the hang of it. I am starting to feel a little more comfortable about taking her out and we even have our first camping trip planned for this weekend! hopefully all will go well. We are also in the process of switching from breast feeding to bottle... so far it is going good besides a little constipation. some days are harder than others and some days I feel more guilty than others. Breast feeding is soooo much better for baby than formula but it is so hard on me! I HATE IT! I can't wear normal clothes, I can't wear a normal bra, I can't leave the house without planning the next time she will need to eat. I feel so tide down, not to mention the pain of breast feeding! anyway, it works for some and not others, i'm trying not to feel too guilty because she is doing really good with formula.
Every day I think I fall more in love with her sweet little face!  she is starting to smile and coo a lot! I can't wait for more fun things but at the same time I want to cry when I look back at how much she has already grown!

2 days old...

1 month old....



 

No comments:

Post a Comment