Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Christmas 2011

Christmas…..where to start. I’m going to attempt to get this blog up to date because I have seriously been slacking! Its just the last thing I want to do when I get home from work. I work on a computer all day every day so when I get home from work I don’t want to stare at a computer for even longer! But I really LOVE to look back and remember everything. So here I go.
Christmas turned out PERFECT! We ended up leaving for my parents house on Friday “with no arguing or anything”! Which was amazing since Chris isn’t the biggest fan of Huntington. So we got there in time for lunch and then Chris and my brother in law Dustin went off to the desert to shoot guns and be boys. Which was perfect, it left us girls alone to gab and gossip the rest of the day. The boys got back and we played taboo and dominos as a family! So much fun, but I didn’t get any pictures.

Then on Saturday we all headed out to the south fields to shoot more guns. Chris shot my dad’s muzzleloader for the first time! This gun is amazing and I will never forget when I was 5 years old and shot it for the first time! It is such a heavy gun and the force behind it is like no other gun! It was fun for my dad to teach Chris how to load and shoot the gun.


My mom tried really hard to have fun while all of us were shooting guns, but that is just not her idea of fun. She would much rather have stayed home and painted her nails or read a magazine. But she was a tropper and it was a nice family building memory!
Then on Christmas morning we got to wake up with Jaxson and that was one of the funnest things EVER! I was taking pictures of how cute he was and how much he freaked out when he seen his rock and roll Elmo, but I wasn’t taking the pictures with my camera. So I will have to post pictures later.
After the excitement of Jaxson was over, the rest of us began opening our presents. Chris and I hadn’t really talked about Christmas and presents for each other and we really should have! His Santa was horrible compared to mine. I was thinking we were not going to do much for each other for Christmas considering, we had just bought our new washer and dryer and we also went Hawaii so I was thinking that was pretty much our Christmas. BOY WAS I WRONG! I got Chris a few shirts and a lame helicopter. He is really hard to shop and by gifts for because he never wants anything and when he does want/need something he usually just goes and buys it! One of the things I really don’t like about him! So after he opened his lame presents, he gave me a tiny little box to open… my heart started racing as I ripped the paper off and open the box only to see “THE SHANE COMPANY” and a pair of sparkling diamond earrings inside!


He is such a great husband and always finds a way to completely take me by surprise! I love it, most of the time! He also got me some new clothes and a pair of much needed running shoes. I hate to admit this, but it is now January 17 and I have yet to put them on! My motivation didn’t come with the new year like I wanted it too and I have just been busy and also have been making A LOT of excuses! We all had a very merry Christmas and maybe next year Chris’ santa will be amazing like mine was this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment