Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Happy 2 Years!

Better late than never; we officially made it to the 2 year mark. I've heard it is easier here on out....guess we will wait and see. This year was much better than our lame anniversary last year, but I was worried it was going to be a repeat of last year. For months I had asked Chris what he wanted to do for our anniversary. I told him that I really wanted this year to be special. 2 years is a long time and many people don't even make it that long. so for months I told Chris ideas of things we could do, of ideas I had, and for months all he would say is, "I don’t care what we do" it was getting extremely frustrating. Every day after work I would tell him about good deals on KSL or discounts I can get through work and everyday was the same ol thing... I don't care. I would text him during the day and say I'm going to book this or schedule that and he wouldn't ever give me the go ahead... he always said, no that doesn't sound fun or let’s see what else there is to do. So finally one day after a very frustrating day at work I asked him if he wanted to go to Oktoberfest or snowbird or anywhere... again, he didn't care... I blurted out; well maybe I will just go on our anniversary alone!! This is the part where I say...open mouth insert feet! Yes feet...I felt soooo bad when he responded and said.... I have already booked the homestead, we are leaving Sunday...so needless to say, I felt like the biggest brat and the most ungrateful wife in the world! I am a planner! Always have been and probably always will be... I HATE surprises and really hate when people don't have a plan! So my cute husband was just trying to get me to loosen up and be surprised and not have a plan for once.
So after I apologized a million times and told him that trying to surprise me just isn't a good idea, we were off for our night at the homestead. We were able to leave the kids with my sister and her husband, thanks guys for taking them last minute, and we headed up the canyon Sunday morning. Saturday night we went out with some of my friends from work at keys on main and had WAY too much fun so Chris was not feeling the best on the drive up there but we made it. I was so glad he was driving because the ride up there was beautiful! The fall colors were amazing! The bright pinks, the deep reds, the golden yellows it was so fun to look at all the colors but of course my camera once again proves how horrible it is.... it nowhere near gave the colors justice!
Once we arrived in Midway at the homestead we weren't able to check in till 4, four o’clock! We were there at like 1! So there wasn't really anything we could do because someone didn't make a plan or reservations, so we ended up golfing.... yes golfing on my anniversary. I was semi okay with this because I was still feeling guilty for throwing such a fit about not having a plan, and there really wasn't anything else we could do. We only played 9 holes and then it was check in time.




Us in the golf cart




Chris got this little suite for us and it included dinner and breakfast! So once we checked in we were starving! We headed off to dinner. We spent the night hanging in the pool and hot tubs, then we went to the room watched TV and ordered room service. It was such a fun and relaxing night away! Although we missed our kids it was nice to get away and not be responsible for anyone.
A picture of our cute little suite! It looked like a little house from the outside.




Anyway after all is said and done, the last 2 years have been amazing. I love my husband a lot "most days" but really I can't wait for many more years together!

No comments:

Post a Comment