Tuesday, October 4, 2011

YELLOWSTONE

At the end of August we decided to go on our first road trip in the motorhome! We had planned a mini-vacation to Yellowstone! I had never been and I love the idea of Yellowstone so I was super excited! ! ! I wanted to see a bear, up close, well not too close but I was so excited to see a bear! I LOVE black bears. I think they are so cute and my kitchen is decorated with them because I love the looks of them so much! Coming along with us on our road trip was Chris’ dad Richard, Chris’ little sister Melissa and her boyfriend Trevin.
We stayed in a RV park right outside of west Yellowstone the first night and it was really pretty! We got there close to dark and didn’t have much time before bed but we were excited to be there and ready for the next day! The next day we pretty much crammed everything cool about Yellowstone in one day! We seen old faithful, all the geysers, and a lot of buffalo/bison, not sure what the difference is, and had a complete blast in the motorhome with everyone! It was so nice to have these HUGE windows to look out and be taller than cars and other vehicles.
We decided to take our kids with us and I’m so happy we did! They had such a fun time! Brody would make these awful sounds when he would see the buffalo on the side of the road and all he really wanted to do was run out in the fields with them and chase them around! Tink loved to just be there. She is so calm in the motorhome and as long as someone was scratching her or paying some sort of attention to her she was happy! We were able to take the dogs on a lot of the trails but some they had to hang back in the motorhome. It was nice to be able to leave them in there. just turn the a/c on and made sure they had water and food and they were good!
One of the places we weren’t able to take them was on Uncle’s Tom’s Trail. This is a trail that takes you down 300 plus stairs straight down the mountain to the lower falls of Yellowstone! This trail is HATEFUL! I thought I was in okay shape but this trail made me think otherwise. On the way down I knew it was going to be tough back up but I thought I would do okay.. I … WAS… WRONG! I literally thought I wasn’t going to make it back to the top! These stairs never ended! When I thought I was getting to the top more stairs would still be there! it was awful! I am so happy we did that trail though because it was good to get out a hike and it really did feel good once I reached the top… and it really motivated me to work harder when I work out! to truly push myself!
The next day we took it easy and drove alot more than walking. we were all tired and beat from the stairs. All in all it was a great trip and I’m so happy we went… even though I never saw a bear… maybe another time.


the buffalo right in front of us! they refused to get out of the road


before Uncle Tom's trail, I looked so happy!

The stairs going back up the trail! UGH! so many and they were STRAIGHT UP!

My family! didn't the dogs pose soooo cute! we are such a cute little family!


and last but not least.... OLD FAITHFUL...

No comments:

Post a Comment