Thursday, April 25, 2013

day of fun!

Chris has started to take Wednesday off rather than Fridays and I love it!  This last Wednesday he had to get fitted for a tux for his little sister's wedding and then we had my Dr. apt in the afternoon. The lovely apt where they test my glucose levels. My work is really flexible so I was able to go with Chris to get fitted and then on our way home we decided to stop at Shopko and look for a glider chair. His sister gave us one but it needed to be painted and reupholstered and after seeing that painting was going to be much harder than I thought we decided we might just buy one. Shopko was having a really good sale and we ended up getting so many things! I found an end table for 1/2 price that i have been looking for her nursery for ever!  when we decide on a black crib I had no idea how hard it would be to find black furniture to match it! but I finally found a table. then we found a glider chair for super cheap so we bought that, and as we were leaving we walked past a stroller sale and they had the travel system jogging stroller for under $200! !  I was in heaven! so we scored a table, glider chair, and travel system "stroller and car seat" all in 1 day at 1 place!  then we decided we would keep shopping and try and find a black dresser. We have been looking around since the crib arrived and all the dressers that are the size we like are well over 300! i just don't want to pay that much for a dresser!  so we went to Furniture Row across the street from Ikea. I thought because they are in draper they would be way over priced on everything but we found some really good deals!  we even found a black dresser for under 300! After all our shopping we were starving so we grabbed dinner and headed home. We watched Lost and just relaxed!  I LOVE our off days when we don't have to do yard work, house work, or anything like that and can just be fun! we spent alot that day but it was on things we needed. I am feeling alot more prepared for this little lady to be here!
 
Have I mentioned how hard this little lady is going to be on our baby Brody?  His world is going to be rocked...I just hope he will be good around her.

No comments:

Post a Comment